• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Note on Orange

Kaylesh

Jan 8, 2010
Was just on the Orange site and saw that the Galaxy Note is listed as coming soon. So i called Orange and they told me that it should be out as soon as a fortnight or so..
Too bad I can't upgrade(3months early) till Jan 2012. I'm really liking what i've seen/read about this phone.
Any others opinions appreciated and are welcome.

I'm in the process of deciding if I need a tablet. I only really reach for my phone at the moment when adverts come on the telly or I have to pause the TV while her indoors nips to the loo or something. I quickly fire up facebook or feedly or something and then I'm done. The note might serve as a tab, thus negating the need to invest in one :D

Upvote 0
So, I recieved an email telling me that they were now in stock, I called them and lo and behold, they are not :mad:
What I don't get is that I could physically nip into Phones 4 U and get a phone on Orange, and all it would cost me would be my Desire handset and a bunch of useless loyalty bonuses....... Why can't Orange just send me one, the kit is obviously out there.
I seem to remember the same bollox when I got the desire. Very quick to sign you up and get you committed but very slow to provide the hardware. Don't even get me started on ensuring that the contract you end up with is the one that you agreed on the phone!!
Any idea from Orange when it will be sending out its ICS update or will I get mugged off again like I did with the desire. Android 2.3 is available if I root but not via Orange who promised it and then decided that they were not going to bother with the Desire.
Don't fancy getting teh Note only to find the Galaxy Note S appears and basically consigns my Note to the bin.... much like the desire.
Excellent phone but only if you root :(

Upvote 0
I can't put the bloomin' thing down, it's ace :D

Neither can my mate... he did put it down for long enough for me to have a little go a couple of weekends ago and I have to say I was impressed, but don't think I'm gonna go for one... just didn't feel solid enough for me!

Just picked up a 32GB Acer A500 tablet though, so I've got plenty to be messing with for now!! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones