• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Note4

Hey, while you were sending me the screen shot, I did two findings..

I was able to place the kernel auditor in system apps..and on top of that I did created subfolders too..

View attachment 155447

..it was not easy..for a good 20 minutes the system was tripping..I thought was going to brick me..had to do & undo a few times..but there was a trick to trick the system..

Freaking awesome brother!! You got it set correctly. Impressive!!!!

Reactions: Xavier Black
Upvote 0
Kernel Adiutor hamburger icon and look for cpu

View attachment 155460

View attachment 155461

CPU Hotplug needs to be disabled

View attachment 155462

Yes Javi, I already did all of these..the only thing I'm behind is setting the minimum number in the minimum(652)..and you didn't mention what number to set in the maximum..

Screenshot_2020-12-09-09-13-39.png

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
Then go to and set apply at boot

View attachment 155451

Now go to Kernel Adiutor check the 4 boxes (cores) and turn on toggle at the top.

View attachment 155452

Make sure they both are set the same or you will experience issues.

I have this one matching to your suggestion..but your suggestion doesn't match the kernel auditor number..

Screenshot_2020-12-09-09-29-08.png

..but

2020-12-09 09.36.10.png

Upvote 0
Let me see the numbers you have here, brother with another screen shot..please

View attachment 155472

Javi, educate me..what difference will I see in the phone with all this settings changed??..better Ram?, better battery temperature?, better processes?, improved memory so it doesn't go down to underneath 400mb?

Upvote 0
Javi, educate me..what difference will I see in the phone with all this settings changed??..better Ram?, better battery temperature?, better processes?, improved memory so it doesn't go down to underneath 400mb?

Better response, Oh toggle off Build prop Editor from Kernel Adiutor settings as it may conflict with Rom toolbox pro.

Screenshot_2020-12-09-11-46-19.png

Reactions: Xavier Black
Upvote 0
..and here's another update about the 4 cores:

I've read somewhere that an app junkie multitasker individual like me will not benefit from a multi-core feature(that a more high end Ram device will suit me better)..but I'm finding suitable results already with the multicore adjustment.

It's definitely a go!!! That's a WOW, Javi!!!

The difference in the responsiveness of the phone is so so so big..trust me I know my phone like the back of my mind or hand or whatever..lol..

So at first I was hoping memory improvement..but then I've read a lot about it and educated a little that the cores aren't the memory..related but not the same thing(since I was expecting Ram change and watching it very closely..and I noticed it was still the same)..but the phone has drastically smoothed out and much much much less lagged..

..and yes a little tinny bit higher battery temperature..maybe because I haven't set the numbers quite like you recommended(I'm still not sure what numbers in the high to set)..but still..WOW!!!

Upvote 0
I noticed you had thought I recommend FX but I mention I used ES file manager. However, I would recommend it as it was band from Google PS for a reson. I just like the set up, ease of use and the fetures. I also use ZArchiver for one specific feture that ES lacks and that the ability to copy and past from and to .zip's. It helps when porting parts of others roms to my current rom or replacing boot.img from one custom kernel to another while leaving the other software in the .zip intact. Thats how I have an overclocked kernel and data connectivity fully functional. If I had just flasher the r57 kernel as is, I'd have overclocking but poor data connection. If I flashed the r61 N7 ZeroLemmon kernen as is I'd have good daya connection but no overclocking ability. To get both, I ported the r57 boot.img and replaced the r61 boot.img within the .zip and then flashed it via TWRP. I now enjoy the best of both kernels.

Javi!, I think I'm ready to try this on my end..if you tell me where to look for the r57 & r61..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones