• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S3 news and more !!

I'll be in the GS3 forums too in a couples days. That place is looking like a mess tho with all the different threads :x

You can't even walk around in here with all the beer bottles laying around and I'm not sure but I think there's a dead hooker in that bathtub over there.
:D

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
Just letting you guys know that I stopped into my local Metro PCS store and talked to the owner/operator about the Samsung Galaxy s2 or s3 coming to Metro PCS and his response was as follows " The Samsung Galaxy s2 is not coming to Metro but the Samsung Galaxy s3 is coming to Metro PCS in September" That would seem about right as I have heard a lot about it coming out in the fourth business quarter.
So take that information as you will. I also asked how much it would be and he said $ 400.00. I talked to him on 7-17-2012.
it's already out. http://www.metropcs.com/metro/detail/Samsung+Galaxy+S%C2%AE+III/SCHR530RWBM?utm_medium=email&utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=GalaxyIIIpostreg-promo&utm_content=promo-cta&spMailingID=4428800&spUserID=MzQ1ODIxNTg1OTMS1&spJobID=132213881&spReportId=MTMyMjEzODgxS0

Upvote 0
Yeah, we are going crazy over at that metro SGS3 ATR section
So far, bunch of people rooted.
two devices bricked.
TWRP, CWM, and CWMt recoveries...
CM10 compiling as we type...
AOKP looming in the distance...

I think I may wait a little longer to root my phone. After playing around trying to get better battery performance I went to bed last night with 98% and woke up this morning with 90% charge, so I'm pretty happy so far. :)

Upvote 0
has anybody noticed the 11.8 gig of storage...not even a 16 gig

The other storage are used for rom. And the calculations are not accurate either. But hey the storage is super fast so that's great

The numbers they give for storage is unformatted. Once you apply a File System, you lose about 1.5GB iirc, the rest is taken up by the ROM as dulal has pointed out.

The One XL came with 16GB storage, 1.5GB for the File System, 2GB for app storage, 2GB for the ROM itself, you got about 10GB to use as an actual SD Card.

At least the SGS comes with a slot for an external SD Card!

Upvote 0
Yeah-even though I like my Motion , the beautiful screen and much better camera of the S3 may eventually

lure me in.

Very good battery life for a screen that big and it's not too big to carry in a pocket.

Impressive, may be my second Android......

I saw a S3 Torture Test where a lady dropped one 3 times onto tile floor from standing height-survived.

heated it to 180 degrees-survived / and immersed in water for about 15 seconds-

And the S3 still worked after drying !

Upvote 0
Finally got my S3. A few hours ago. Just been playing around with it while at work. Dont really like the white color. Butttttt, while I was on the bus on my way to work, I sat next to this good looking girl. I flipped open the wallet case, and all she did was stare lol. Good enough for me. Now I need to go home to really focus on this phone and customize it. Its calling for Go Launcher, badly.

Upvote 0
Finally got my S3. A few hours ago. Just been playing around with it while at work. Dont really like the white color. Butttttt, while I was on the bus on my way to work, I sat next to this good looking girl. I flipped open the wallet case, and all she did was stare lol. Good enough for me. Now I need to go home to really focus on this phone and customize it. Its calling for Go Launcher, badly.

Try out 360 launcher. So smooth and you don't need to download any other sub-apps for themes or messages like ex or go launcher.

Upvote 0
No sub apps?
You don't need to download sub apps to customize go launcher.
Frankly, I don't understand why people are not sticking with go launcher.
It's THE most customizable launcher I've seen, and has all the features the newer so called better launchers taunt as what makes them "different".
Except for spb shell. That thing is definitely something else.

Reactions: PRkid
Upvote 0
Nuttmeg got me using the nova launcher prime it has a lot of cool feature but im simple perhaps too simple I just go for a nice looking wall paper and some nice bottom icons and thats it i dont care about widgets, screen transition effects or anything. Spb is pure caca the eye candy features isnt worth the battery consumption. Ive tried tsf and spb and none are worth the money call me plain but I like go launcher adw and nova they keep things simple.

Upvote 0

We are pretty much in the same location, I'm just across the hudson, in Jersey. I got my girl the SIII (extra culo points) but the reception is less than what she/I have on the esteem. you having any issues with your LTE?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones