• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S5... issues / gripes

Hey,

So I've just returned to Android with the GS5 after a year with an iPhone and I have to say I'm a little disappointed - so much so that I'm thinking of returning it and carrying on with my iPhone 5s.

Firstly the camera - I find that the pictures it produces are just poor and look kind of cartoonish. Low light pictures are even worse and look awful.

Secondly the rattle when the phone is shook or even just pressing the top of the screen, this rattle (sounds like something is loose inside the phone) goes away when the camera app is open - could this be the reason behind the poor quality pictures?

Thirdly the screen size - I can't decide if 5.1" is just too big. The 4" screen on the iPhone is defiantly too small but I'm not sure I can get used to having the GS5 in the pocket of my jeans etc as it just feels so substantial.

Lastly is battery life - now have been spending 12 hours per day in an area of very poor phone signal and zero 3g / 4g signal but I'm barely getting a day out of it with little use. I'm seeing people getting 2 days out of theirs with medium to heavy use and I can't get anywhere near it!

I guess what I'm wondering is could I have a faulty phone? Is it worth my swapping it at the retailers and seeing if the next one is any better as I really don't think I can live with the poor quality camera as my kids lives are documented through my phone camera so it really is vital to get quality pictures.

Thanks

Oh and I forgot to mention the finger print scanner - completely useless.
Impossible to use one handed what with the location and the sliding motion that you have to use. It was my primary source of security on my iPhone and on my GS5 it's been turned off since an hour after I got the phone!

Other than those things I actually really like the phone. It's stupidly fast doing anything I throw at it, the screen is absolutely gorgeous and I like most of the gestures that it has.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones