• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gallery...

RASelkirk

Oct 27, 2015
SETX, USA
My LG G6 got the Oreo update and now my pre-installed (photo) gallery app "unexpectedly closes" every time. Would this be a T-Mobile or LG app? It's not uninstallable, so I ended up with a gallery app from the Playstore that works the same as the factory app. Anyone else with this problem?

Russ

Reactions: dee11
Did you try clearing the cache or data of the gallery app? It's just a viewer, so that shouldn't delete the images. I'm suggesting it because it's possible that some data or setting from the app is not compatible with the updated version and is causing this problem (the reason why a "clean install", i.e. including a reset, is always the safest option for a major update, though obviously also the most inconvenient).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones