• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Game of Thrones

I think there will be spin-offs. So much back story to explore.
If you like dragons, then there's the whole Targaryen family history.

There has definitely been 1 spin-off announced and confirmed, and I think it may be in production already. Supposed to be WAY before the events of GOT, possibly thousands of years in past.

Upvote 0
I was happy with the ending, and didn't think it needed a rewrite like some people were asking for :)

I agree. I thought the last season was great. It makes even more sense when you binge watch the entire show from beginning to end.

I love how the final episode showed the beginnings of a transition from a monarchy to a democracy. That was cool. :cool:

Fun fact: HBO told us in season one by way of a clue that Brandon would be king, but we never payed attention. At least I didn't.

If you guys remember HBO released a poster during season one with Ned sitting on the throne and a 3 eyed raven on the throne's arm rest next to Ned. That clue told us the king would be a Stark that would have some connection to a 3 eyed raven. :eek:

Upvote 0
ok so i just started watching GOT and man am i hooked. i also just discovered this thread.....lol

right now i'm on season 5 and just finished episode 8 Hardhome where the walkers sacked the wildlings and Jon Snow escaped thankfully.........epic!!!!!!!!

The epicness continues! But you can tell when they past the books up, plus the writers are hacks and butcherer it. But even season 8 has it's moments.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
The epicness continues! But you can tell when they past the books up, plus the writers are hacks and butcherer it. But even season 8 has it's moments.
Definitely going to read the books. I just used all of my credits in Audible to get the audio versions. Not sure if I want to listen to it, or read it.

I understand how movies and tv works when it comes to adapting from the written form.

All I know is that I can't stop watching the show. It's got me so hooked right now.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I feel you as I started watching the series much later than other people. I also hooked at once :) But when I started reading books, they weren't interesting as I knew the plot. It is much better to read books first and then watch the series.
which is why i chose to watch the show first and then read the series. don'y want to ruin the show that i'm extremely enjoying so much right now.

Upvote 0
HATED how dark it was, and they got a bunch of flack for that. Plus, that was so abrupt right? It was epic, then it was just done and over... ANd some of the tactics were head scratching.
i did not have any issues with darkness or blurring that i have read about this episode. it came out great. i do agree that they kind of wussed out in offing one of the main characters.

right now i'm about to watch the sacking of King's Landing.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
The ending is what it is, just not the typical grandeur happy ending we always have.

Respectfully that isn't the point, the writers rushed it and were clueless once they didn't have source material to work from. All sorts of threads left untouched and forgotten, and certain elements were a total cop out. IMO

Upvote 0
Respectfully that isn't the point, the writers rushed it and were clueless once they didn't have source material to work from. All sorts of threads left untouched and forgotten, and certain elements were a total cop out. IMO
just finished watching it......and i totally agree. it ended waaaaaay too neatly for me.

can't wait to read the books. hopefully, he can finish writing the 6th book sometime this year or next.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
Agree.. some of the elements are left hanging.. so we're like what's the point of all the storytelling and all the excitement. Gone just like that.
i must say, it was a really nice ride that they took us on. it was almost like someone pulled on the emergency brake to make that great ride come to a complete stop.

i hope the spinoffs are just as good.

i also can't wait to see what the creators of GOT will do with the LOTR(Lords of the Rings) prequel series. they have a ginormous budget so it should be really good.

Upvote 0
i must say, it was a really nice ride that they took us on. it was almost like someone pulled on the emergency brake to make that great ride come to a complete stop.

i hope the spinoffs are just as good.

i also can't wait to see what the creators of GOT will do with the LOTR(Lords of the Rings) prequel series. they have a ginormous budget so it should be really good.

GOT creators have NOTHING (thank god) to do with LOTR? They might share some producers or something, at best, but I don't want those GOT jokers anywhere near anything else I even like a little. (thank goodness there star wars project got canceled)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones