• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gas prices?

BP by my house Regular $4.29 Premium $5.39 04/06/2023

bpgas0407.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I live in a cheap state. :) I bet my house is worth more where you live than here. I visited a retired couple that was slowly working their way South from Alaska in a camper. I believe the direct quote from the guy was I have a lifetime to make it to Mexico. His observation was everything was cheaper the farther South he traveled. I can't explain it. Wages are low here. Living is cheap here. Kansas... really doesn't reach out and attract people. :) There isn't a lot happening here. Low crime rate, decent state taxes, clean cities, friendly people, and a lot of nothing. :) From the net: The population density in Kansas is 35.5 people per square mile (46th out of 56). :) I live in a burb of Wichita that is the largest city in Kansas with a population of under 400K. I like it here.
Simple life... cheap.

Upvote 0
I live in a cheap state. :) I bet my house is worth more where you live than here. I visited a retired couple that was slowly working their way South from Alaska in a camper. I believe the direct quote from the guy was I have a lifetime to make it to Mexico. His observation was everything was cheaper the farther South he traveled. I can't explain it. Wages are low here. Living is cheap here. Kansas... really doesn't reach out and attract people. :) There isn't a lot happening here. Low crime rate, decent state taxes, clean cities, friendly people, and a lot of nothing. :) From the net: The population density in Kansas is 35.5 people per square mile (46th out of 56). :) I live in a burb of Wichita that is the largest city in Kansas with a population of under 400K. I like it here.
Simple life... cheap.

Don't forget about Kansas BBQ.

Upvote 0
I got a kick out of having the choice for full service. Save four cents a gallon to have someone top off all of your liquids and air pressure and wash your windshield. :) They lost money on my old car from the fifties. My tires were shot and it used oil big time. All of the stations were full service in my area in the sixties and there certainly wasn't any self service anywhere. The picture captures the onset of the transition from full service to just getting gas. It was still pumped by an attendant.

Upvote 0
Self serve has been the thing here for decades. There were a few remaining full service stations around in the nineties and some might exist today but I have no idea where they are located. I shared SysOp duties on my local college BBS with a full service station owner. This was the early 90's and at that time he said without his two bay small mechanic work he'd be out of business. It was simply impossible to compete with the serve yourself convenient stores.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones