• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gear 2 Neo question...I feel weird because it isn't technically android and I'm posting...

atrain311

Android Expert
Jul 1, 2010
Queensbury, NY
...in an android forum. I have nowhere else to turn and you all have never let me down so...

I just got my Neo yesterday. If I view it as no different than the dumb watch I've worn for years, but with many added perks, it's awesome.

If I view it as a polished piece of equipment, it has work to be done.

I went into my updated Samsung Gear manager, went to apps to buy or whatever it is called, DL a few apps, but they are nowhere to be found. Mind you, there's next to none to choose from but the 3 I did, 2 clock faces and one FB sort of thingy, never made their way to my watch. If I were to go back and try to DL them again, it says view them in Samsung Manager...but they aren't there.

Any help would be so great. Even if it is to direct me to the proper location, because like I said...I know I'm technically in the wrong spot since this darn thing runs Tizon now.

Thanks in advance.
Joe

My GEAR2 will be arriving today,but,I'll be using it w/the HTC M8 & LG G-FLEX.

Although compatibility is limited,I'll see if I can contribute to help you find a solution to the app issues.

I know I should be patient, but besides the lack of responses here, I can't find anything of the sort to help out. If you Google Tizen apps you get basically nothing. I'm guessing things will change, but this might be a hold me over until the summer when Google comes out with their wearables.

Upvote 0
Got the GEAR 2 in this evening.
Basically everything works hardware-wise w/the HTC ONE M8,just no access to SAMSUNG Apps.

However, the GEAR MANAGER app allows for side-loading of apps.

If anyone can pull some apks. for the GEAR 2 & post them here, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones