• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gee Willickers! A Forum for my phone!

jefboyardee

Extreme Android User
Jan 18, 2011
I ordered this phone last fall from Straight Talk, just because it looked good on paper. I still use it because it works great in real life. I installed Apex Launcher and about two hundred apps, switched to ART runtime, which ate a chunk of drive space, and have not had to move any apps to SD. I have not had any problems with it other than those of my own making.

It works so well, I have no need to or interest in rooting it... those days are in the past.

And just when I felt really comfortable with this phone, I bought another house and, because this Walmart Tracfone only works through ATnT, I landed right in the middle of one of their legendary dead spots. So I had to buy a new phone, an Alcatel onetouch Pop Nova LTE. Stupid name (s), passable phone that works everywhere, much less space, but I don't care anymore.

I miss the Access already...

Upvote 0
This is meant to help you, the other two people that visit his subforum: DO NOT buy an Alcatel onetouch Pop Nova LTE. Phone barely worked, etc., etc. DO buy a Samsung Core Prime S820L LT. For a hundred thirty bucks through Straight Talk, it's a monster.

I might not miss that LG anymore!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones