• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Generate Signed Bundle or APK - Create New Keystore - Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS:- Xverify:none

RicardoM

Lurker
Sep 23, 2022
I have written an Android app in Kotlin, using Android Studio. I'm trying to generate a signed Bundle/APK in Android Studio in MacOS, selecting the 'Android App Bundle' option in the first window that appears. I select 'create new key store' in the following window and fill in the appropriate fields, but when I finish and click ok I get this error...:

Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS:- Xverify:none

I've tried a few solutions, all via the terminal:

unset _JAVA_OPTIONS

JAVA_OPTIONS="-Djava.io.tmpdir=$HOME/tmp"

_SILENT_JAVA_OPTIONS="$_JAVA_OPTIONS" && unset _JAVA_OPTIONS && alias java='java "$_SILENT_JAVA_OPTIONS"'

...but I'm still getting an error when I try to generate a signed bundle. How do I stop this error so the new key store is created successfully? Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones