• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Getting charged every Friday lunch time

Having done some research I've found out it was the company 'buongiorno' who started the charges, according to them I went on their website, read through their TOS and clicked accept, however, considering I haven't used any of their services before and before I started to receive charges I was receiving some texts from them I find that hardly believable, anyway, I've managed to cancel it and have sent them an email asking for a refund, as the REP on the phone advised me too - just hope they do.

Oh and the customer support at orange said that they didn't have any info on who was charging me (seems a tad suspicious).

Upvote 0
Hello, We are Mobivillage UK, a mobile internet club operated by Buongiorno. We offer mobile subscriptions to mobile internet applications.

A customer must actively opt-in to a promotional campaign in order to join one of our services and in the process they must agree to the terms and conditions and price of the service.

Our 24 hour customer care number if you have any further queries is 0207 649 9636 (local rate) 0800 012 6182 (free from landlines, some mobile network charges may apply).

Upvote 0
I just discovered I've been getting scammed by these cowboys and I certainly never agreed to any terms and conditions or accepted any kind of contract, I had never even heard of them! I spotted yesterday my phone bill was escelating with unknown charges and today received a text from mobivillage (aka buongeorno) to say I am signed up and should I wish to cancel text 'no' in reply or phone this number!! I was livid and phoned them and gave them serious grief, funnily enough there was no argument over the refund I demanded but we shall see if the money turns up at all!! I find it ironic and amusing that the 1st option on the telephone was "if you are unhappy with our services......"!!!! That speaks volumes to me at least!!!!!! :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones