• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Going over so called unlimited data bundle

poultrum

Nov 20, 2009
england
so i`ve got about 5 days before my so called unlimited 3G bundle rolls over again (500mb) but i`ve only got 60mb left on my bundle, are they going to charge me stupid amounts if i go over, or do they let it slide if i don`t go to far over?? i`ve only used so much this month cos i was away from home and didn`t have a reliable internet connection well i did but 56k just doesn`t cut the mustard unless i want to wait 6 years for the register to load

so has anybody else gone over their limit and been charged or not been charged etc??

I went to turkey from the uk, I checked to see if i could use 3g over there and i'm sure i remember the woman from orange telling me you get 200 mb free abroad, you'll get a text telling you when its finished, went there and used 3g for a day, just small things like translate and maps.... not much...

Next day get a msg saying i've used 170 mb ..... ok not sure how but i'll just have to try and find wi-fi from now on....

get home and my bill comes through for 200.00 !!! 170.00 for data charges :eek:

not happy but what could i do but pay it, ridiculous pricing....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones