• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
My son played a round of golf after work with one of his co-workers. It was a perfect afternoon to be on a course. I was home, mowing my lawn, cleaning out my gutters, painting my patio surround, and was not having any fun at all. Never ask a carpenter to paint something. :) He played a course that I've never played. It's nice course, I've seen it from the highway. It is public course for a small community about 40 minutes drive from here. He said they had the course in excellent shape. I look forward to playing there sometime this summer.

Upvote 0
I played a round of golf after work. When I'd finished at the 18th hole, I was 38 over par.
golf.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
It was a great day to be on the course. It rained just prior to our tee time but it turned into a beautiful day. I played extremely poor golf today. The more I tried to figure out what I was doing wrong the worse it got. My son on the other hand played a good round. We had a great time and that is ultimately what it's all about. All of the local courses were booked up last Monday with today being father's day. We luckily got a tee time at a course 30 minutes from here. It was special to play the course for my father was a member of that course for a number of decades and I played a few rounds with him through the years.

Upvote 0
Sadly, my golf date fell through. My son is cramming for a big test to get another inspection certification. His employment doesn't hinge on him passing the test but his company has invested a lot of money in materials to aid him and will increase his wages substantially if he passes. He tests the 18th and it is crunch time. He bowed out on playing golf though we both were looking forward to the day out. Playing a round of golf and then having some beers wasn't quite as important as spending Sunday with his nose in the books. There will be other weekends to play.

Reactions: DonB
Upvote 0
My son and I are playing a round of golf this afternoon. The weather won't be great but will be far improved to the last couple of weeks. The last time I touched my clubs was mid June and I played terrible then. I'm not expecting anything similar to a decent game out of me today. My son has at least played a few times across the summer to keep the rust off his game. I may be completely rusted up. :) The outing should prove fun no matter how I play.

Upvote 0
I actually played better than I anticipated. I'm not saying that I played good. It was a bit windy but it warmed into the mid seventies. The course wasn't crowded so we were able to play our pace without playing up behind someone or having someone pressuring us. My son struggled today to play his normal game. I didn't match my best on the course but I shot an 87 which isn't bad for me. I started out struggling and started to find my game as I went along. A few blunders on the back mixed with some really good shots made for a good close to the day. Golf is fun

Upvote 0
I'm watching the Hero World Challenge until NCAA football games start again. Tiger Woods made the cut and is playing decent golf but is way off the lead. As he stated in an interview, the play in the tournament was to knock some rust off and see what he needs to work on before next year. He plays again with his son in a couple of weeks. Currently Scottie Scheffler has a two stroke lead at 14 under with Tony Finau two strokes back.

Upvote 0
I'm watching the Hero World Challenge until NCAA football games start again. Tiger Woods made the cut and is playing decent golf but is way off the lead. As he stated in an interview, the play in the tournament was to knock some rust off and see what he needs to work on before next year. He plays again with his son in a couple of weeks. Currently Scottie Scheffler has a two stroke lead at 14 under with Tony Finau two strokes back.
Yes he hasn't played on over 8 Months, after withdrawing from the Master's, with all his surgeries it's amazing he can still walk never the less play golf. As to making the cut, that wasn't hard, there is no cut, LOL :LOL:

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones