• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Good to see a good LG phone on Metro

alfick3

Android Expert
Feb 7, 2011
DFW, TX
It's nice to see a decent LG phone that can be rooted and have a custom recovery. After owning the LG Motion, I vowed to never again get stuck with a locked down tight phone, that's why I went with an unlocked Moto G 1st gen 3G phone. Hopefully you'll get a good selection of ROM's and maybe even some kernels for this phone. Who know's when it's time to move on from the Moto G I'll even think about this one. I'm going to keep an eye on these forums to watch progress.

Reactions: dubdiablo77
I liked this phone so much I picked one up for my daughter to replace her 1st-gen Moto G (XT1034). She was thrilled. It was an upgrade in every way except for the CPU and screen resolution. Removable battery and expandable storage are notable highlights, in addition to the massive screen size and extra GB of RAM. Battery life is icing on the cake, and little extras like the embedded stylus and double-tap to wake/sleep make it that much better. Not to mention 4G LTE connectivity.

I've had mine for a month, and I still haven't finished customizing it. Just when I think it's the bees knees, a new app makes it feel new all over again. That, or re-visiting an oldie-but-goodie. Jet Audio Plus 1.1.1 may not have Material Design, but it brings my beloved BBE sound processing to this massive media player. After switching home launchers from stock to Nova, it has that new car smell again.

I used to be all about the high-end flagship, but I've found a new home with this midrange device. More than fast enough for every day use, it will definitely satisfy. I highly recommend it.

Reactions: alfick3
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones