• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google blocking ip address as spam bot...

blackepoxy

Android Expert
Jan 14, 2011
Dirty South, Louisiana
Lately the internet on my phone as been very slow and not even responding for anything.
I used the Google search bar only to be greeted by a screen that wants me to input a captcha code.
The message read that that automated requests were coming from my ip address that made it look suspicious like a spam bot.
This was driving me nuts because I didn't know what was wrong with my phone.
After I entered the captcha, it was ok, for a while.
It keeps doing this now and sometimes just shows me a screen with no option to enter a captcha code or whatever you call it, might be spelling it wrong, and just shows my network ip is suspicious and pretty much blocked to protect other users...
I don't download torrents or use tpb on my phone or download from all types of crazy questionable sites.
Two other people on my boat have the one x and keep getting this?
What gives?
Anyone ever seen this?
It's driving me absolutely insane.

If you use WiFi on your phone for internet access the IP address of your router is be used. So your PC could be the spam bot without your knowing.
Use the other people on your boat the same WiFi?

If you'd use your phone's mobile data for internet access you'd simply shut off and on your mobile data for changing the phone's IP address.

Harry

Upvote 0
There is no Wi-Fi available offshore on our boats. Wi-Fi is non existent. It is from using the internet on the phone as mobile data connection.

I see.
So tried you shut off/on the mobile data for changing the phone's IP address?
Shut off and restart the phone does the same.

BTW, the app Network Signal Info would show you the phone's external IP address.

Edit:
I know that switching of the IP address would be only a work-around for your problem.
Because to find that spamming bot app on your phone would not be easy because most of the free apps use mobile data for placing their ads.
You'd try a data monitor app like 3G Watchdog which view the data amount of each app on your phone.
Maybe so some apps might be appear questionable to you.

Harry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones