• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Play store

bracamjus

Lurker
Feb 24, 2017
Many easy ways to get Google Play store on a Kindle they say. Just do this or that and bamb...It works. Not me. One way they talk about is rooting the Kindle with a PC. I only have a phone. Try to put APK apps on the Kindle and all I get while trying to install is parsing problems. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey @bracamjus, and welcome to Android Forums :)

I'm not personally familiar with installing the Google Play Store on an unsupported device, but my understanding is that it has to be installed as a system application - which does require rooting the device, which in turn requires connecting it to a PC.

If you're just wanting a few specific apps, you might be able to find their APK files at www.apkmirror.com, which should be easily installable on your device.

There's also this LifeHacker article which should be able to walk you through either approach - though, again, you'll still need a PC in order to install the Play Store.

Reactions: bracamjus
Upvote 0
Msny peoplae are being wrong even installing the app as a system app will result in the same issue, play store is incompatible with Amazon Kindles because their not using Native Android OS their able to run apks but their emulated as the store knows your not an android user it just fails because you need the google login framework apps and those are difficult to get working because Amazon Kindle wont allow you to install them its probably the firmware so idk hopefully theirs a mod that lets you install the apps for the kindke

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones