• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way I figured out to invite people (that haven't received an invite from Google) is to get your gmail address and then I will tag you or share a picture with you (I would just do a pic of a Thunderbolt phone) then I think you will receive an invite to join. Then you sign up on your phone or your computer. If anyone want's to have me try to invite you send me a message with your gmail address.

Reactions: smas49
Upvote 0
I got Google+ too, but I am experiencing a lack of people to fill my circles with. All of my friends are stuck on Facebook. And if you don't have friends on the site, it makes it good for nothing.

PM me if you want an invite, and FYI the way this "inviting" thing works it can only be a gmail account from what I have heard.

The more people we invite, the better off the service will be, assuming we don't overload any of the servers or something.

Reactions: Rcleav
Upvote 0
The one thing that may draw me to use this service over facebook (which I will continue to use) is the "circles.." I really like how you can chose to share with certain people much easier then Facebook. I hate using my T-Bolt to update a picture to Facebook or a status that I then think "oh I only want certain people to see that.." I know there is probably a way to do this in Facebook but the interface is not as intuitive for this.

Has anyone figured out the "Huddle," feature on their phone yet?

Upvote 0
I got an invite because a friend of mine just added my gmail to one of his circles and then shared something. However, I tried this when I got my account set up and it wouldn't work, probably cause they're only letting a few people in at the moment. I hope it goes public soon because honestly I think the features make it better than facebook

Upvote 0
I just sent "invites" to the people who have PMed me as described here: Tip: How to Invite Friends to Google+ - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Just click on the link in the email that said "View or comment on ****my**name**** post"

Edit: If it doesn't work from a desktop, try clicking that link in the email from your phone. I have heard of several reports where trying to log in from a desktop has ending with troubles, and the web app will work

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones