• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

got ripped off, someone sold me a g3 stylus not a g3, trying to look at the bright side

piff

Nov 29, 2011
after getting ripped off when I bought my samsung s8 with massive screen burn I bought a lg g3, but I paid for a g3 and got a g3 stylus and its not the same phone I researched.

so now I have a 540x960 pixels resolution and wanted a 1440x2560 pixels.

I do like battery life, and I was wondering, will my g3 STYLUS 540x960 pixels resolution use LESS battery life then the 1440x2560 pixels on the regular g3 ?

If the resolution was the only variable, yes, it would use less power: the gpu would have to do a lot less work in order to drive such a display (it's got to calculate the values for 7 times fewer pixels). It's also much easier to maintain a decent refresh rate (i.e. for the gpu to keep up with the workload).

Of course it's a different panel, whose efficiency may be higher or lower, and a different SoC (and hence different gpu), so in reality it's not as simple as that. But I think it is safe to say it will use less power than the same phone with a higher-resolution panel would have.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones