• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Got this phone and

sammyz

LG Whiz Kid
  • Jun 3, 2011
    1) I plan on making an easier method to unlock boot loader.

2) Is there a way to root while staying on metro firmware?

3) What is the current method to unbrick?

4) I has firmware :)

5) I tried lelus method on metro fw (patching the bin file), no worky.

6) why is it so hard to get into download mode?

Reactions: ipoke smot
    Hey sammyz.

The only point I can answer reliably on rooting the phone is there's a complicated method, and a one-click that emerged about a week or so ago. The long method worked for me on the first try. The one-click app is in chinese and it installs a chinese su app instead of the all popular Superuser.

http://androidforums.com/optimus-l9-all-things-root/773746-one-click-root-metro-pcs.html

Looking forward to your work with the L9. Good to see familiar faces coming from the OM forums.

Upvote 0
    Hey sammyz.

The only point I can answer reliably on rooting the phone is there's a complicated method, and a one-click that emerged about a week or so ago. The long method worked for me on the first try. The one-click app is in chinese and it installs a chinese su app instead of the all popular Superuser.

http://androidforums.com/optimus-l9-all-things-root/773746-one-click-root-metro-pcs.html

Looking forward to your work with the L9. Good to see familiar faces coming from the OM forums.

That complicated method is lelus method right?

Upvote 0
    Upvote 0
    I know bro. It still has everything you need to know. Just got to sift through the bullshit.

That is your thread right? Mind changing it back or pming me what it said. I saw it before it was edited at one point but didn't read it all cause I was just trying to find the Europe fw...pm me here or xda, same username on xda.
    What exactly caused you to edit it so much?

Upvote 0
    That is your thread right? Mind changing it back or pming me what it said. I saw it before it was edited at one point but didn't read it all cause I was just trying to find the Europe fw...pm me here or xda, same username on xda.
    What exactly caused you to edit it so much?

Not my thread. I will get all the info I got and send it to you tonight.

Upvote 0
    I' in the same boat as mario. Only rooted with no unlock. Didn't want to possibly kill my only phone, but I am almost bored enough to not care any more. I might deal with unlocking this weekend, and will post my experience.

It can't hurt the phone. I have my own way of flashing the fw, not sure if that's the reason why it won't unlock...it shouldn't be the reason why though...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones