• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Guide to using Mobile Odin

Has anyone had any issues with the gapps stopped working with the new JB? After an issue with mobile odin I decided just to start from scratch so I flashed the full tar with PC Odin. Then rerooted with CWM, supersu. But now I have the gapps error. The only way Ive seen to fix it is to unsync the internet in google account. But Ive never had to unsync that before. So Im not sure what is causing it. I also tried clearing google services framework data too.

UPDATE: I think I fixed it. I completely deleted my google account, and then readded it. I havent had a forcle close since then, even with internet sync enabled. So in other words so far so good with JB!!

PS: If anyone else has issues with flash sites not working with Dolphin set the user string to custom. That seems to have worked for me.

Upvote 0
i flashed lj1, but after i flashed the lj1 i rooted, installed twrp recovery and restored my old backup of stock rooted touchwiz i had. so can i install this tar and go back to that backup from ics made with twrp?

oo and btw i also flashed an aokp rom and got a '0' folder and went back to the stock backup i had and the zero folder remained until i moved the files out of it and deleted the 0 folder, i dont know if that will make a difference in anything but i thought i'd let you know, just in case.

Just a lil heads up info here. I was reading on blackbean's web page that it is not recommended to go back & forth between 4.1 & 4.2. They didn't say why & I didn't really care. I would take their advice, especially since I & several others have had problems with 4.2. FYI

Reactions: morgankslade
Upvote 0
Has anyone had any issues with the gapps stopped working with the new JB? After an issue with mobile odin I decided just to start from scratch so I flashed the full tar with PC Odin. Then rerooted with CWM, supersu. But now I have the gapps error. The only way Ive seen to fix it is to unsync the internet in google account. But Ive never had to unsync that before. So Im not sure what is causing it. I also tried clearing google services framework data too.

I haven't loaded 4.1 yet, cause I'm waiting to see what all the problems I keep reading about. It seems to me that a lot of people are having their problems with odin. If that's the case, try ldrifta's 4.1 zip. Just wipe & flash like normal.

Upvote 0
I would like to add to this thread ya can also just flash metropolis 1.1.0 instead of the tar and ya might ask what's the difference and that's easy to answer it would be to a advantage to those that don't have mobile odin pro to flash shabbys zip through mobile odin free through ota/update zip and since shabbys zip already has root/superuser and Dosnt replace recovery there's no options to select or deselect except wipe cache /dalvik and wipe data and cache the rest leave alone. Works 100% flawless also the zip is lighter than the 1.2gb tar. So for those that are nervous about what options to leave off or which to choose or whatever just flash the zip with mobile odin free and your good to go.

Upvote 0
probly a dumb question but it's not clear in the thread lol, if I decide not to clear recovery option, it will give me stock recovery successfully correct? I kinda f'd my phone up so trying to restore to pure stock for the fellas at metro lol..

btw.. may have screwed myself here but I flashed the count ressetter and it seemed to have wiped out my service along with the count lol.. too late for an nv backup so hope im not screwed :/

Upvote 0
probly a dumb question but it's not clear in the thread lol, if I decide not to clear recovery option, it will give me stock recovery successfully correct? I kinda f'd my phone up so trying to restore to pure stock for the fellas at metro lol..

btw.. may have screwed myself here but I flashed the count ressetter and it seemed to have wiped out my service along with the count lol.. too late for an nv backup so hope im not screwed :/

Your correct it should leave twrp or cwm as your recovery not sure how u messed up your phone with the count reset. Also if u ever did a nv restore either when u first got your phone then ur good. I would try the restore option might keep u on boot screen for more than 30 sec but if so wait 30 sec then remove battery and place back and check. Also I believe shabby did that reset flash for a previous build not sure if it would work with all builds. But we now have support for our variant on triangle away. Shabby told us to use that.

Upvote 0
Your correct it should leave twrp or cwm as your recovery not sure how u messed up your phone with the count reset. Also if u ever did a nv restore either when u first got your phone then ur good. I would try the restore option might keep u on boot screen for more than 30 sec but if so wait 30 sec then remove battery and place back and check. Also I believe shabby did that reset flash for a previous build not sure if it would work with all builds. But we now have support for our variant on triangle away. Shabby told us to use that.
ill explain what I did a little better in detail, hopefully this will save many headaches lol

first.. my issue was with data, new bill cycle just started but was only getting 1x.. (in the end I assume it's tower work because nothing I did or the people at metro did, helped..)

so, in thinking I had to bring my device in for service, I assumed having pure stock was the best way to go.. and normally ODIN is the way to go.. but my usb port on the actual device is messed up from dropping it lol so the connection can be faulty at times..

so naturally I moved to next best thing, mobile odin :D

with that being said, I assumed the rules still applied for reset counter (unaware at the time I could use triangle away) so I flashed the count resseter in recovery, then booted back up to begin with the mobile odin process.. but once I booted, I had lost service completely.. just a big circle with a line though it lol

that's when I panic'd and posted the post above, and attempted to get a hold of shabby lol,

so what I did to solve my issue.. was said F*** IT and used regular odin on pc, flashed lj1 and bam was good to go, called metro etc etc.. they suck and couldn't help so now im rooted again and working on my project haha

than I found out a buddy of mine also on metro hasn't had 4g in a few days either so than I assumed it's just tower work lol..

jus bad timing I guess but all is well now!! thanks for the help fellas ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones