• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root (Guide) Unleash the Dual Core!! (Enable CPU1)

By the way , could this possibly damage the phone or battery ? Just wondering so i can be prepared .

As far as I know & tested with my phone, it won't damage your phone. This is popluar tweak available on dual core / multi core phone.

Although it will consume (slightly) more battery since CPU1 is awaken from the boot instead of sleep then wakeup.

Reactions: phillvela7
Upvote 0
Kool thanks a lot , so i was looking at another post . Saying that an app can turn off the cpu while screen is off . Is that possible . Would that save me battery ?

Yes, it puts CPU1 on sleep when the screen is off so (technically) it will save battery.

I haven't tested it much with LG Motion though so I don't know how good it is.

Upvote 0
Personally I would not suggest doing this...not only did my phone heat up but i got about 4 hours of battery life out of a full charge, usually i get at least 10...

forcing both CPUs online with an init.d script using System Tuner was a better option in my opinion, it did make the phone snappier and did not make a significant dent in the battery life

Upvote 0
<Stupid_Question> If we can mod one of these scripts to turn on CPU1, why can't we mod a script to skip aboot and sbl1/2/3 encryption checks? </Stupid_Question>
Because startup occurs in this order

Power button > Hardware bios > Bootloader > Linux kernel > initialization processes (setup filesystems, cache, environment, etc) > Desktop and startup Apps

I'm skipping a few steps in there, but that's the general idea. BootBuddy runs startup scripts at the time of "initialization processes".

The bootloader is the very first software item run, so the only thing that can be done to fix it is a replacement. :alberteinstein:

Upvote 0
Day one before and after this mod
2yryze8u.jpg
zy9e3ytu.jpg

Reactions: k0r and Sepero
Upvote 0
tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

lol kidding, thanks for comparison,

I will check if i can bring cpu sleep mode. BTW do we have init.d support?

I tried to cook rom to support init.d but it seems like this requires modification on boot.img

And modification on boot.img will cause security check error.

im not sure about init.d tbh. would we be able to use an app like tasker (if it even does that) or the alike to take CPU1 off and online on the fly? like when the screen is off or maybe even a widget to toggle it on and off? or does the phone have to be rebooted every time you want to enable or disable CPU1?

Upvote 0
I would love to have abilty to use an app like setcpu to control bothe cpus even uf they are equal and ability to set the minimum frequency to something in the 100_200 range. Instead of turning one off have a lower speed available. Not sure if thats better but seems right to me.

I attempred to lower min speed but have,not actually ben able to do it

Upvote 0
See thats the things. Usually both cpus are on anyways when gaming.
This benefits are only noticed lower use conditions.like apps pop open faster loading files and stuff.

I personally think this only the begining more things need to be acomplished. Not being abke to mess with the kernel may inhibit fulk benefits i dont know
If you want try it get kernel tuner from playstore tick both cpus online. Untick anytime you want.

Upvote 0
I would love to have abilty to use an app like setcpu to control bothe cpus even uf they are equal and ability to set the minimum frequency to something in the 100_200 range. Instead of turning one off have a lower speed available. Not sure if thats better but seems right to me.

I attempred to lower min speed but have,not actually ben able to do it
I'm not sure exactly what you were trying to do here? The lowest minimum frequency is 384Mhz. Did you want to set the CPU cores to 384Mhz?

Upvote 0
Thanks bro , by the way , will extraction of large files be faster ?\, or does that have to do with something else . One more thing , any place i can get a 16/32 gig micro sd card at low price ? I got one the other day 8 gig for 17 or something . Unfortunately my sis didnt have one so i gave it to her so now im stuck with a 5.6 and 4 gigs internal/external . Sucks cause i want to swap internal with external , but swapping now with lower the space even more . Is it possible to use a 64 gig on this beast .

Upvote 0
Thanks bro , by the way , will extraction of large files be faster ?\, or does that have to do with something else . One more thing , any place i can get a 16/32 gig micro sd card at low price ? I got one the other day 8 gig for 17 or something . Unfortunately my sis didnt have one so i gave it to her so now im stuck with a 5.6 and 4 gigs internal/external . Sucks cause i want to swap internal with external , but swapping now with lower the space even more . Is it possible to use a 64 gig on this beast .

8GB for $17 is really bad deal.

You can get 32GB, Class10 (10mb writing speed) for around $20.

I personally use G.Skill one and theirs tend to more expensive than others. But New Egg often puts various promotion and deal so you can get it for around $20 on this model

G.Skill
G.SKILL Model FF-TSDG32GA-C10 Flash Card - Newegg.com

32GB, C10
Newegg.com - Computer Hardware, Flash Memory & Readers, Flash Memory, Class 10, 32GB, Micro SDHC

For 64GB, I heard you can use it after format it to something (NTFS??) but I never tried myself though. Someone else may clarify this one :)

Upvote 0
Hey you may possibly be able to Extract Files Faster by making the sd or sdcard redead value much larger. Stock setting is 128k i use from 2 to 4 meg . It greatly increases sd scans at boot and app loading from sd. Might allow your phone to read the file you are uncompressing faster. I cant say for sure though

This can be set in system settings somewhere
But here is an app that does it.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...medium=organic&utm_term=sd+booster+cache+size
Many toolbox type apps offer this feature as well

Upvote 0
I finally found a copy
Came across an article along time ago but the dl file was gonr.
This is a cpu editor script i been looking for
It will need a little tweaking as its written for a quad core.but looks like it wouldnt be hard.
Thought i would post it up incase anybody wanted to play with it
By the way it say it was written by
Smokin1377 from XDA

Attachments

• CPU_Editor_olympus_modified_deathscream_beta1.1.zip
    28.7 KB · Views: 65
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones