• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY 2020

ocnbrze

DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
  • May 13, 2010
    Los Angeles
    hey guys,
    for those who are here in the US........HAPPY 4th of July

i hope that those of you who are celebrating this great day that you are all being safe. i know this pandemic is hard on on everyone. i hope y'all are doing things to keep you and your loved ones safe. and if you are not wearing a mask or do not plan on practicing social distancing then i will pray for you and your loved ones. i'm by no means a religious person, but i am completely concerned with this pandemic and how it will affect my AF family.

today i have some projects i want to accomplish and then i plan on bbq (of course) with some marinated pork chops (i was trying to get ribeye, but i procrastinated too long) and also some pineapple/bacon sausages. gonna be drinking plenty of bourbon and smoke a few cigars today.....of course it will only be me and my mom this year as we do not want to go out during a pandemic.

so what are your plans for today?

Reactions: MrJavi and olbriar
    The umbra is the dark center portion of a shadow. The path a solar eclipse umbra takes as it arcs across the earth is called the path of totality. Here is a pic of the solar eclipse will take in 2024.
    images

It's an incredible experience to witness totality.

Upvote 0
    I don't want anyone to think this is a political response... it isn't. But...

Why is it that the ONLY holiday we in America have come to identify only by its date is Independence Day? The day we told a tyrannical government "Enough! No more!"

I mean, we don't wish people Merry December 25th, do we? Or Happy January 1st? Not even Veterans Day is called November 11th. So why have we allowed ourselves to stop saying "Independence Day"? Have you even thought about it?

I hope you'll consider joining me in rolling back decades of conditioning and start wishing people a wonderful Independence Day. It's only one more syllable. And when someone wishes you a happy 4th, I hope you'll kindly enlighten them. I find that when I do, epiphanies occur as the lights come on in their minds. It's amazing to see the look in their eyes when they realize it. I'm almost embarrassed that it took so long for me to realize it.

Thank you - and I hope you're having a safe, wonderful and insightful Independence Day weekend!

:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones