• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Happy New Year

rootabaga

Android Expert
Aug 11, 2014
Crazyville, CA
As we prepare to close out the books (and paper calendars for those who still use them!) on 2022, I just wanted to say how much I enjoy this place and that’s because of its members. Thanks for being here.
I hope 2023 is kind to you and those who are important to you.
Have a happy and healthy 2023, everyone!

2AA54849-5D42-4801-8974-5B5DC53743CB.jpeg

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can't wait for the New Year. i saved up money for tomorrow....cuz tomorrow i'm cooking up some ciopino which is an Italian seafood stew. i bought ne some huge King crab legs and lobster tails from Costco as well as some mussels that i bought from Wholefoods. those crab legs and lobster tails were not cheap. but i set aside some money especially for this. its gonna be sooooooooo good.

i hope you guys have a great New Year!!!!!!

Upvote 0
I will soon grab one of our dogs' BOUNCY balls; drop it; kiss the wife; thank the Lord I'm not in Times Square again this year (that's 60 years in a row so far!); and should be asleep by 8:30. If I wake up in the morning, it will be 2023 no matter what shape I'm in, so I may as well be in decent shape...

Happy 2023 to us all!

:D

(Edited because @Fox Mulder has a mind much like my own, good catch)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can't wait for the New Year. i saved up money for tomorrow....cuz tomorrow i'm cooking up some ciopino which is an Italian seafood stew. i bought ne some huge King crab legs and lobster tails from Costco as well as some mussels that i bought from Wholefoods. those crab legs and lobster tails were not cheap. but i set aside some money especially for this. its gonna be sooooooooo good.

i hope you guys have a great New Year!!!!!!

Sounds good! In France Ciopino is called Bouillabaisse. I had it in Marseille, France and it was delicious.

Upvote 0
Sounds good! In France Ciopino is called Bouillabaisse. I had it in Marseille, France and it was delicious.
so i was just told by my friend who is a chef at a local restaurant here, that cioppino is an Italian-American dish created in San Francisco in the 1800's.

i'm doing a twist on it by not adding fish. crab, lobster and mussels should be good enough......lol

Upvote 0
Happy New Year to my beloved AF family! Damn, another year gone... another one starting, with all its fresh, new promise. Let's hope for a good one! So far it's been great here--we actually got RAIN. :eek: Like measurable, real rain. Hopefully we'll see a lot more!

Upvote 0
Happy New Year to my beloved AF family! Damn, another year gone... another one starting, with all its fresh, new promise. Let's hope for a good one! So far it's been great here--we actually got RAIN. :eek: Like measurable, real rain. Hopefully we'll see a lot more!
We have finally a nice cool day down here, just awesome wind and nice cool tempature that is not to hot or even too cold either. :)

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Happy New Year my AF friends. I wish all good things for everyone in 23. I'm cooking my family's traditional good luch dinner today. Black eyed peas and fried salmon patties. Disclaimer: if 23 sucks worse than previous years I take no blame. I've had this meal on 1/1 yearly all of my life.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones