• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Has to = great battery life

ShinySide

Extreme Android User
Jul 30, 2011
Palm Bay, Florida
Was messing with anycut and in one of the LTE Configuration came across this under system selection. Power save/ Sleep duration is set to 3 minutes. And scan duration is set to 15 minutes. 4G is the worse battery killer changing these HAS to give you a crap load more battery life.

screenshot-1342188043790.png

ive had that shortcut for a while now lots of interesting stuff even an option to store sms on your uicc card like most gsm phones do with their simcard but i dont see how we would be able to retrieve it or delete the sms once memory is full.

downloaduu.jpg

also wondering if i took it off sms over network ip what would happen anyways im gonna try it lol i dont see myself messing up anything with that. ill post back results :D

Edit: did nothing lol anyways what do ya have for apn? is it enabled or not? beacause i enabled it now i cant disable it not that i notice any difference but gonna keep playing with it.

Upvote 0
So far increasing the numbers I haven't noticed much. But then again I use my phone ALOT. Whether it's phone calls, texts, Facebook or Tapatalk. A lot more than most here I think because I can't get anywhere close to the battery life some others get on the stock battery with what my "normal" use is.

Yeah Shiny, I seem to have the same issue. While JDU has given me enough life to last through the workday, I still don't see near the bat life others are getting with it and any other mod.

I must be what they consider a "heavy" user,lol.

I was hoping maybe changing these settings around a bit would help, but it doesn't seem to make a big enough difference to matter much.

Upvote 0
I'm using Rom Number Two v.2.1 and Kanaida.homeles.kernel-v1.3 together with Advance Task Manager. I also uninstalled the Facebook app and access it via web browser since this app takes a lot of memory/usage..Animations is set at "no animations" and brightness to "auto". Background data/ Auto-sync all off. 4G is on all the time.

So far with an extended battery I'm getting two days+ "regular/heavy use". I'll get the screen shots later.

As you can see I did not went extreme with the settings and I still get a good battery life. It may be the rom+kernel combination. Hope this helps somehow...

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 55
Upvote 0
I'm using Rom Number Two v.2.1 and Kanaida.homeles.kernel-v1.3 together with Advance Task Manager. I also uninstalled the Facebook app and access it via web browser since this app takes a lot of memory/usage..Animations is set at "no animations" and brightness to "auto". Background data/ Auto-sync all off. 4G is on all the time.

So far with an extended battery I'm getting two days+ "regular/heavy use". I'll get the screen shots later.

As you can see I did not went extreme with the settings and I still get a good battery life. It may be the rom+kernel combination. Hope this helps somehow...

:thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones