• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help !! I locked myself out of my phone

Dleardi

Lurker
Jul 28, 2016
Hello all,

I have a problem with my Samsung A5 2016, I hope to find a solution for it here....
I used fingerprint recognition as an phone unlock system, but one day I run out of battery, and after recharging and restarting it, it showed me a message that in order to preserve the fingerprint integrity I should use the backup code instead to unlock the phone..... the problem is that either I forgot it or for some reason it doesn't accept the code I remember having set up when activating the fingerprint recognition.

Result is that I cannot access anymore my phone......I could just reset it to factory default , but I would lose all my data, and since I have a lot of pictures and videos of my son not yet backed up, I am trying to avoid this solution.
I have tried without success the following options :

- Remote lock with Android device manager (I can locate the phone and send a new lock code, but cannot find a field where to insert it on the phone)
- Remote lock with Samsung account (it was not setup on the phone)
- Flash of a recovery zip file through stock recovery (I get a "footer is wrong" "signature verification failure" message)

Now my question before definitely giving up and wipe my phone....I found out that the stock recovery is usually not good for flashing the phone and therefore bypassing the lock without losing data, and I should have some custom recovery software installed on it, but how can I install one if I have no access to the phone ?
- Is there a way to do it ?
- Is there any zip package that can flash my phone and bypass the lock using the stock recovery ?

Thank you for your answers !!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones