• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Needed w/Connecting Logitech C525 Webcam to MXQ Pro

Is it possible to install a webcam on the Android box? The camera shows up on the box but the quality is not good. My son and daughter-in-law both are in the Marines, and I would like to be able to set this up for my parents to be able to video chat with them. My son and his wife just found out they are expecting. So I would like for my parents to be able to see themy son, his wife, and the baby more than once a year, if the even get to see them that much. I don't have a lot of money to spend on this project, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I don't imagine that the graphics chip on the Android TV box is going to have enough juice to power up this camera on Skype and a big screen TV and have a decent picture to look at.

Have you installed the correct Logitech drivers?
(All hardware plugged into an Android TV box needs drivers so it can operate correctly.)

Also - there are a thousand easier ways to get your parents to video chat - why have you chosen the most difficult to figure out and the most difficult to operate?

Here is a quote from someone who has tried this...

So far I can only recommend the Logitech HD Pro C920 since it has been shown to have wide android compatibility. With that said I did plug in an old Logitech C200 Webcam and it also works, but since it is so old the resolution was very bad. The Logitech C200 is a very old unit and only works at a 640 X 480 resolution, hardly the resolution needed today.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When I initially got the idea to do this, I didn't think it would be that hard to do. I personally feel like android is very simply os for people to use. They can't do Windows, computer would be to much for them. They have grandchildren that live with them and I wanted something that couldn't be moved around. They don't have a smartphone so Chromecast is out. Plus my parents wanted an android box . So I thought I would kill two birds with one stone. However, not working out for like I had hoped. I did see the option to buy android box with camera on Amazon. However, the reasonable priced ones 4.4, and I at least would like to get them a 5.1 or higher, so they won't have any issues with Kodi app.

What do you suggest me to do at this point? I am getting then android box for them already, but would like to give them the option for some sort of video chat.

Upvote 0
hello i bought logitech c525 webcam but beelink gt king android tv box has a very bad image I wonder how to find a driver for this webcam ..?

Drivers usually come from the manufacturer of the hardware. Suggest you contact Logitech for that. Bare in mind this is a cheap camera so its image may give a good image anyway. How well does it work when used with a computer, is it better there?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones