• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help Rooting LG Stylo 2

If u have zv3 then u can get root im on zv4 still trying to root i have an idea but dont know how to make it work. If i can find a way to make to be able to flash the laf partion from the zv3 using stock recovery then we can get root it would enable bootloader so can get twrp and root i need help from a dev who knows how to do this
why you don't just flash the aboot.img so u can get the fastboot commands support again ..

Reactions: roadkill42
Upvote 0
Yeah i tried myself and its a no go. If we can twrp going then we can boot into via fastboot and flash superuser.zip if im not mistaking. I had original stylo im pretty sure it worked for that device. I wonder how different twrp would have to be to be compatible with this device

I cant find a twrp for lg ls775(sprint variant) and no matter what i try both with stylo 2 and with the lg g flex 2 it says 'unknown bootloader' how can you unlock something that you cant find info on?

Upvote 0
Not quite a root method but I was able to edit the APN of LS775 ZV9 with my octoplus lg dongle today with their latest test software...I maybe able to remotely do it for people I will have to figure out how to do it first...it requires a special driver that acts as a usb driver over the internet so its just remoting to the device, not a full remote desktop...

If u figure it out ill let u try it out on my phone. Its no longer active so im not worried if it gets messed up

Upvote 0
If u have zv3 then u can get root im on zv4 still trying to root i have an idea but dont know how to make it work. If i can find a way to make to be able to flash the laf partion from the zv3 using stock recovery then we can get root it would enable bootloader so can get twrp and root i need help from a dev who knows how to do this

Guessss what biatch!!!! Lol
Jus t got the BOOST Mobile variant LG Stylo 3. Even with Nougat 7.0 its a ZV3!!!!!
YAHHH BABY!
zach

Upvote 0
Guessss what biatch!!!! Lol

Jus t got the BOOST Mobile variant LG Stylo 3. Even with Nougat 7.0 its a ZV3!!!!!

YAHHH BABY!

zach

Great! Now make us a rooted unlocked rom we can flash easily without bricking. We expect a fully functional rom by tomorrow morning. 🤣
But seriously, don't update it!

Upvote 0
Great! Now make us a rooted unlocked rom we can flash easily without bricking. We expect a fully functional rom by tomorrow morning. 🤣
But seriously, don't update it!

Ahhh, was unboxing it, checked and saw the ZV3 just moments before typing that response to roadkill. Since then, tried kingroot (latest one 5.1) with only 22 requests in....
adb reboot bootloader just boots back to desktop....
volume down while plugging usb in gets LG Logo screen then powers back off...
volume down with power button until LG Logo sreen, releasing power then pressing again does not go to recovery.............
Sound familiar?
ahh well, definitely not taking any updates this time though! ZV3 until someone gets this phone rooted!!!!!!!!!!!!
zach

Upvote 0
Try kingo on the pc did u know that if u buy the phone from a store with out activating it the phone should not b locked to that carrier I have a phone here that bought from boost never activated it and it not locked to them

Well, the LG Stylo 2 came with ZV4 rite outta the box with the ZV5 update waiting. This LG Stylo 3 has ZV3 with an update waiting... but this time I'm not doing the updates!
I gotta hook the laptop up to my new Asus router to set it up in a bit & will put the new Kingroot on it & try...
Going to send them an email reminding how kingroot worked on the 2 on zv3 so hopefully they can whip up something for this 3 on zv3... temps all I need to get kingroot switched to cfSuperSU!
Just dumping the bloat and a few root apps would make this the best phone available for the $$$!

Upvote 0
Does this help at all? Something called RootingCheckActivity is kinda suspect...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-21-21-23-07.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-21-21-23-07.png
    90.8 KB · Views: 420
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones