• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help wife thinks I’m texting others, bc of history

tlb1969

Lurker
Jun 30, 2023
I need help…galaxy a53, shows

Used com.android.server.telecom,
Used com.samsung.android.incallui
Used com.samsung.android.dialer
Used com.samsung.android.app.contacts
Samsung My Files
Samsung One UI Home

What does this mean, accused of sending messages and texts

Only supposed to use google said doesn’t use Samsung..

We need answers, please help

I need help…galaxy a53, shows

Used com.android.server.telecom,
Used com.samsung.android.incallui
Used com.samsung.android.dialer
Used com.samsung.android.app.contacts
Samsung My Files
Samsung One UI Home

What does this mean, accused of sending messages and texts

Only supposed to use google said doesn’t use Samsung..

We need answers, please help
ok lets break this down:
1. used.com.android.server.telecom
this just means that the phone was used for telephone related functions. it does not mean necessarily that a phone call was made:What does used.com.android.server.telecom mean? - Quora.

2.used.com.samsung.android.incallui
this is used for managing phone calls and that is whether it is receiving or making a phone call....https://www.androidphonesoft.com/blog/what-is-com-samsung-android-incallui/

3.used. com.samsung.android.dialer
well that is the phone's dialer

4.used.com.samsung.android.app.contacts
and this is for your contacts
Need help saying this means I use, Samsung to hide things and google for family
The Google history detail, has me using multiple apps
these are all normalk functions of the phone.
Used com.samsung.android.app.contacts, I use google but this comes on my detail, do they work together
any time you access your contacts this will pop up.

honestly nothing here speaks that you are doing anything wrong. it just shows that you use your phone. it does not show that you are texting anyone.

Reactions: Dannydet and mikedt
Upvote 0
Your wife prohibits you from sending people text messages? Is that what you're telling us? Unless you've done something really really bad in the past that involved text messages (and maybe even if you have), that hardly sounds like a reasonable demand. It sounds like she's trying to cut you off from other people, from your support network, so as to control you.

I'm sorry to say: I don't think there's a technical solution to your problem. If someone is this controlling, don't expect even ironclad proof that you're not sending text messages to help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Can anyone tell
Me what the Samsung android dialer is and the events that took place

Attachments

• IMG_5669.png
    IMG_5669.png
    167.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5670.png
    IMG_5670.png
    170.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5671.png
    IMG_5671.png
    158.3 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_5672.png
    IMG_5672.png
    158.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5673.png
    IMG_5673.png
    158.2 KB · Views: 43
Upvote 0
I can tell you that the last shot shows 2 instances of "used Messages by Google", which is the text message app. That doesn't tell us whether you sent texts or looked at texts that were received at that time, or looked at old texts, just that the app was active at those times. Of course if you have an itemised phone bill that might show when you send messages and to who, so if you need to "prove" that you weren't then that might be the better way to do it.

I don't know whether the "details" link would provide more information, because I don't allow Google to keep a history of my app usage (too intrusive for my tastes).

I don't know what you mean by "only supposed to use Google": you have a Samsung android phone, so some of the system apps will be "Samsung" apps, some will be "Google" apps. But when it comes to text messages it makes no difference what app you use, a text is a text whatever app you use, and you can swap between apps and see the same texts.

(And obviously I don't know the background, but this does all sound very controlling).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones