• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP with a software flash

My Samsung Galaxy S3 is running 4.0.1 (ICS) and is rooted but the only thing I ever installed on it was a volume tweak just to make the ringer louder so that the alarm would wake me up in a morning and so that I could hear my phone ring while I was out. Everything else was the original software and this phone worked fine for months with this volume tweak.

One day I was replying to a text message when my phone switched itself off and tried to reboot but it wouldn't get past the boot screen.

I've taken my phone into shops, no one is prepared to fix it because it's been rooted (biggest mistake of my life!) I even tried taking it into a shop and not informing them that it'd been rooted and it still came back saying that they ended up sending it to Samsung and Samsung won't touch it because it's been rooted.

I've not got access to a windows pc as I'm a Mac OS-X user.

If anyone out there could help me get my phone working again that cost me a lot of money as I bought it SIM free from a shop, I'd be so, so grateful!

Thank you for your time.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones