• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help with class project! Laundry/Pub???

danaj

Android Enthusiast
Dec 20, 2010
Tucson, Az
Hey guys. I am taking a small business course, and I need some help. We are supposed to come up with a business, and present a business plan. The business my group and I choose is called "Suds and Duds" and it is a laundry mat combined with a bar....We live near the University of Arizona, so I am hoping it will appeal to the college crowd. So would you guys use something like this, or would you have in college? We plan on serving coffee in the daytime, having wifi, and serving alcohol in the evening. So you aren't so bored when washing your clothes. Let me know what you guys think, also I am not sold on the name, any suggestions?

Duds 'N Suds Coin Laundry - Cedar Rapids

only reason i know of it is because a friend of mine that was a Navy nuclear power machinist mate got a job at the Duane Arnold Power Facility and when he first moved up there that's where he would go to do his laundry(the apt he rented didn't have laundry facilities).
Well guess we shall change the name. I have heard of other places like this too, but i have never seen one, and I would love it.

Upvote 0
and how will you react when some dumb drunk kid gets sick opens the washer your clothes are in and blows chunk's all over them.

Don't get me wrong having wifi and some coffee and soft drinks are cool and maybe a beer or two. I think you would be better off serving some food. Many Times I was at the laundry and wanted something to eat. Pizza, Chicken Wings, a burger simple quick meals that can help as your doing your studies. anyways thats my .02 cents for what its worth.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
and how will you react when some dumb drunk kid gets sick opens the washer your clothes are in and blows chunk's all over them.

Don't get me wrong having wifi and some coffee and soft drinks are cool and maybe a beer or two. I think you would be better off serving some food. Many Times I was at the laundry and wanted something to eat. Pizza, Chicken Wings, a burger simple quick meals that can help as your doing your studies. anyways thats my .02 cents for what its worth.

That just sounds like a disaster waiting to happen lol.

Upvote 0
it is mandatory for myself when i do laundry at home to be quite drunk.

you could name yours something in the line of "Clean Spirits". good luck on your project! :)
I like this name, maybe we will use it. I am going to class now to meet up with the rest of my group. I also really wish there was a laundry mat like that near me.

Upvote 0
So I went to class, we were supposed to spend the whole class period on our group project, and no one in my group showed up!

Maybe they wanted to try doing laundry after a few shots and locked themselves in their dryer?!?!

washing-machine-smiley-hi.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones