• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with FBReader

I'm sure I'm in the wrong place, as I usually am lol. But I was wondering if anyone had any answers regarding the FBReader app. I have the Huawei Ascend and have the Kindle app but all the books are ancient. I read up on the FBReader and liked that it was epub formatted, since a few other sites w the books I wanted were in PDF format (which sucks for me, cuz I can't read like that lol). The problem is that I went to another site and it will allow you to download a book, but when I try I get this " cannot download. content not supported on this phone" Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :) :p :D

The site(s) that I am trying are mobiles24.com (wap.mobiles24.com) & umnet.com (m.umnet.com)
Mobiles24 does epub, and umnet does pdf,java (jar) txt, and rtf.

Most e-book readers for android are e-pub based. You should be able to download an epub then add it to the appropriate folder for your app you are using
Your best bet is to go through the book store in app and buy them from there.
When you say the kindle books are acient i assume you're referring to the free ones.... amazon has one of the biggest book collections available (not really a fan of the kindle APP myself)

I'm partial to aldiko myself......

Never heard of those sites myself but am hopeful they are not sites where pirated books are available for download, its hit or miss with those pertaining to viruses/malware, not to mention the legality of it

ps: gonna move this to the literature section so us book borms can see it

Reactions: juwahni
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones