• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Here's a trip down memory lane...

I still haven't. Doesn't help I had early onset arthritis in my 20's. Huge Bixby/S-Voice texter here!

It got worse with the whole gesture navigation replacing buttons, but since it's likely going to be the only thing soon that we can navigate with, I am still struggling to use it, but ironically my use of smartphones has steadily declined since 2017, and I'm trying to ultimately get rid of the thing.

Upvote 0
good ol'e Scun-thrope problem! Does anyone remember when posting curses or whatever a forum thought were curses (like the word grape) had part of the word switched out for something less salty? I seem to remember things like clbuttic mistakes and Abe Lincoln being buttbuttinated at one time

those of us on iPhone as their first smartphone like myself dealt with words like ducking and the underworld of he'll and a bunch of shot.

Upvote 0
I miss the track ball on my HTC hero. it was so cool at the time. it is what got me into android phones.
htchero.jpg

Upvote 0
i wish phones like that with that lovely UI could still be made today. Imagine what a modern UI in that vain would be like given our major resolution upgrades...if only...The days of innovation sadly gone since 2015. (2013 if you're Apple)

I wanted a secondhand Nokia N95 so bad and sadly the carriers said 'duck you 3g' so that's no longer possible. I hate that. Nobody makes interesting phones anymore, and despite how neat the Z Flip is, you kinda get over the whole folding screen thing a few days later and want more. At least I approximated both early Sense and TouchWiz enough and replaced a ton of system apps with Android 2.3 counterparts to get that aesthetic again.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones