• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Here's my review of the DROID Mini

I agree with your assessment of this phone. It's a great phone for the price. It has high quality specs and exclusive useful features. The OTA update improves the camera, which was the weakest feature. I'm somewhat mystified by lack of enthusiasm for such a solid (albeit bland) phone. It seems sales of the latest Motorola releases, including the Moto X, haven't been great. I hope that Google's deep pockets keep the innovations and updates coming from Motorola. I just absolutely love the performance and features of my Droid Mini.

Upvote 0
I agree with your assessment of this phone. It's a great phone for the price. It has high quality specs and exclusive useful features. The OTA update improves the camera, which was the weakest feature. I'm somewhat mystified by lack of enthusiasm for such a solid (albeit bland) phone. It seems sales of the latest Motorola releases, including the Moto X, haven't been great. I hope that Google's deep pockets keep the innovations and updates coming from Motorola. I just absolutely love the performance and features of my Droid Mini.

Thanks Boulder,

It seems like the Mini is the forgotten step-child of the whole bunch, I've seen a lot of articles where they totally leave out the Mini. For me, it was the price/performance ratio that had me sold. I'm mystified by the lack of enthusiasm for the new Moto phones as well. They may not have the latest quad core processor, but they sure are smooth. Sure they don't have 1080p but the screen is nice and sharp. What matters most here, though, is that we love our phones :).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones