• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

High Data usage warning sms - S3 disagree's

TobesEtc

Android Enthusiast
May 12, 2010
London, UK
I've got a Samsung S3 on a 500MB Vodafone plan. I've just had a text SMS telling me I've passed my 500MB limit.

The odd thing is that I have my Data Usage warnings set to the correct dates to warn me if I pass 400MB but my phone thinks I've only used 213MB in the period that Vodafone say I've gone past 500MB.

Gallery usage is high - 90MB. Not set to auto-upload to Facebook, Dropbox or anything I'm aware of...

How can there be a discrepancy > x2?

There could be many reasons for the discrepency, and one is that your phone does not display the data usage until some time later after your phone has used that data.
I would talk to your service provider to find out if you need a larger data plan. It is a lot cheaper than the overage costs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones