• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Holiday feast 2021

ocnbrze

DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
  • May 13, 2010
    Los Angeles
    so i just put an order for a dry aged 2-bone ribeye roast(otherwise known as prime rib) with Wholefoods. it has been awhile since i had prime rib for xmas. never tried anything that has been dry aged before......should be very interesting. i will probably pick it up a few days before Xmas.

have not completely made up the rest of the menu just yet. probably garlic mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy, some kind of vegetable side, and most likely a salad.

anybody else starting to plan their feast yet? what do you normally have for Xmas?

Reactions: Dannydet and mikedt
    We normally have chicken soup, that has mega brath into it, and bread sticks, with a few other odds and ends at that evening, and have my sister's mom-in-law with us, we open presents whenever everyone is ready with our stockings too :)
    Low key stuff like that. Hmmm.. I have not upload any past years of x-mas on here... why? Well this time I will be prepared to upload a few photos from that.

Reactions: mikedt and ocnbrze
    Upvote 0
    I'm seriously considering smoking a spatchcock turkey. No matter how I cook the bird we will enjoy our normal sides of dressing, noodles, gravy, yams, and green bean casserole.

For my post Christmas / New Years bash I have annually I'll likely smoke a spiral cut ham. Sides will be provided by the guests so who knows?

Upvote 0
    Turkey is turkey but prime rib is Prime Rib! To be accommodating to the company we shared Christmas with we just put on a huge snack fest. Every finger food we could think of was there to be snacked on.
    It was enjoyable and easy. Much like turkey and all of the goodies, I'm still snacking on what was left over. :)

I'm smoking a ham at the cabin for New Year's Eve. Everyone is bringing sides so it should make for a great dinner. On the first day of the year I plan to make a big pot of ham and beans and bake some cornbread. Nothing fancy but everyone has to help me eat up my ham. :)

Reactions: ocnbrze
    Upvote 0
    What cha doin for New Years meal ?

Black eyed peas (with hambone from Christmas meal)
    cabbage
    cornbread

did I miss anything ?

eat

Reactions: ocnbrze
    Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones