• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Honestly thinking abt the switch

Virgin Mobile is owned by Sprint and you are limited to Sprint's network.

Straight Talk is sold in Walmart and on Straight Talk's web site. In Wal-Mart, they offer phones that will activate on AT&T (separate HSDPA and LTE models) and Verizon CDMA. The AT&T activated phones will roam on other networks, the Verizon CDMA phones will not.

For $45/month, you can't beat it. High speed data up to the first 3Gb. Once you use 3Gb, you're throttled down to slower speeds until the next service period begins.

You should look at the terms of service first, especially the section on data usage.

Hope this helps in some way.

Upvote 0
I've used the ST $45 plan for well over a year with my CDMA phones; no problems at all, except one of my own doing. I use the automatic repay option through my credit card. One day, my bank just up and changed my credit card number; I didn't remember that ST relied on the previous number, so I was suddenly bad person.

Upvote 0
Straight talk is fine, though don't ever deal with customer service you will want to kick them and jump ship.

If possible go with a Sim card phone, GSM network like att or t mobile. phones are any unlocked gsm vs cdma limited phone to old crappy 3 or 4 generations back.

Oh and one more thing if you go over 3gb, and they throttle you your data is garbage not even good enough to check email.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones