• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hot spot/tethering Metro pcs

I have 8gb of hot spot. I used it up then read that I could tether my phone to my computer and ho online. I've been trying to find my answer all day. My question is will I be charged extra for tethering?

Well I can offer you this piece of advice. I am also on Metro and have the same limits. They have never charged me for any additional data usage but it is because I tether to my PC and then share the connection. I use on and average 50 plus gig a month. Here is what I do. I use pdanet for my connection to my PC and I use connection stabilizer to keep the speed up. BOTH APPS ARE IN THE APP STORE. Hope this helps

Reactions: ShaggyDooHos
Upvote 0
Well I can offer you this piece of advice. I am also on Metro and have the same limits. They have never charged me for any additional data usage but it is because I tether to my PC and then share the connection. I use on and average 50 plus gig a month. Here is what I do. I use pdanet for my connection to my PC and I use connection stabilizer to keep the speed up. BOTH APPS ARE IN THE APP STORE. Hope this helps
Does my PC have to have internet

Reactions: kasperjohnallenjr
Upvote 0
Here is their message.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190916-222148_1.png
    Screenshot_20190916-222148_1.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones