• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how do i get free wifi hotspot on my metropcs coolpad ?

roaringwave

Lurker
Apr 14, 2013
I just bought the coolpad yesterday. rooted it. But every tether app that I've tried never works. can someone out there give me details on what i may need to change/edit in the phone's system folder to enable me to use wifi without metropcs blocking. I know that i had no problems getting foxfi/pdanet to work on my trusty ol' 3g Huawei m835.thanks in advance!!! I really love to use wifi hotspot over usb tethering. but I'll take whatever one that truly works. again, thanks in advance!!!

Yrah i know about the built in app. But metropcs blocks it where i live in michigan. It will say that i have internet access but, it never allows me to get on the net. Because, like i said....metropcs blocks you unless you pay them for that crappy tethering service.

I must have read this wrong the first time. You want to tether without paying for it?

Upvote 0
I spend 50$ a month on metro and get 250GBs of 4G. 60$ gets me Unlimited 4G. 10$ extra on my plan gets me 4G mobile hotspot capabilities. I used to use ADB Tethering on my rooted Optimus M until I got a message from MetroPCS telling me Yeah you are not supposed to be exploiting our data plan like this so we have made this feature unavailable at no cost. Please pay 10$ extra for these capabilities.

Upvote 0
There is no such thing as free wifi and tethering on MetroPCS anymore, they caught onto the fact we were getting, and yes they can tell when it's being used hence the "You need to pay for the use of this service" Sorry to break it to ya but cough up 10$ a month for the use of it. which if you pay the 60$ for the unlimited I think it lets you use it without paying 10$.

4G is about to become an antique anyways, Samsung is nailing their 5G system down and is going to start upgrading their systems to utilize it to give I think 20x faster download speeds now.

Samsung Announced 5G Breakthrough - ExtraTorrent.com The World's Largest BitTorrent System

Upvote 0
Ok you can try this: grabe a payed app called pda net. its a one time app. then link it with fifox wifi. I know it hides tethering from thoughs bastereds (metro) and if I recall you can do the same with wireless. I had like 4 things including my x box 360 runing off my lg optimus ms. thats way back when metro didn't even offer internet sharing at all. the app is a one time pay i think its $15 but its worth it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones