• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do you like your burger?

anybody try a kobe burger yet? i just had one and i died and went to hamburger heaven. it was topped with a pickled red onion, a juicy heirloom tomato and topped with smoked gouda cheese.......nothing else.

it was so juicy......no need for any condiments.

it was at a place in santa monica called Umami.

Nope, but I did watch this episode of Kitchen Nightmares. ;)
Burger Kitchen on Kitchen Nightmares: A Family in the Grinder - Los Angeles - Restaurants and Dining - Squid Ink

Upvote 0
This should cover it!!

tall-hamburger.jpg

Upvote 0
Eh...I've been cooking mine on a "george foreman" contact grill using premade patties from HEB and Kroger...not all that great but I can't cook outside on a real grill because the apartment lease that I signed bars me from cooking outside (excepting the communal grill on the other side of the complex of course). So I just open the cover periodically, stick a digital meat thermometer in the meat...if it reaches a consistent 160F I'm done. I'm still learning how to cook for myself.

Upvote 0
Eh...I've been cooking mine on a "george foreman" contact grill using premade patties from HEB and Kroger...not all that great but I can't cook outside on a real grill because the apartment lease that I signed bars me from cooking outside (excepting the communal grill on the other side of the complex of course). So I just open the cover periodically, stick a digital meat thermometer in the meat...if it reaches a consistent 160F I'm done. I'm still learning how to cook for myself.

Hi John :)
We cook sausage, bacon, grilled cheese... All kinds of things on ours.

Upvote 0
As one who doesn't eat too much meat, I like a burger every now and then (eating one now). Having it with lettuce, tomato, blue cheese and ketchup; medium rare.
How does everyone else like theirs? Shoot out a particular local if you'd like. :)

Cheese, ketchup, pickles. MUST be well-done (I hate the texture of ground beef that's less than well-done).

Upvote 0
so you like your burger dry?:p:D

It's how Five Guys does it. Never had em though.
Why does Five Guys only serve burgers cooked well done?

By cooking all of our burgers juicy and well done we are able to achieve two goals.

Ensure a consistent product
Meet or exceed health code standards for ground beef
We understand that there are varying opinions on what level a burger should be cooked for optimal flavor and our opinion is that our burgers taste best cooked juicy and well done.

Upvote 0
My burger : medium rare, 1 leaf lettuce, 1 slice tomato, some fried onion rings, Dutch* mayo, curryketchup, some cheddar cheese ,some surinam tomato/peppersauce** ( Real hot ! ) and a fried egg on top. Some grinded pepper on the egg , and Yammie.

* Dutch mayo: This not the sour tasting Belgian mayo, or the american mayo. Dutch mayo is creamy, with a slight bite from mustard. Google : Zaanse Mayonaise
images

**Surinam Tomato Peppersauce
A very spicy sauce from surinam, wich i use on bread and cheese to take with me to work.
21511.jpg

Upvote 0
I actually have a few different preferences with burgers.

Sometimes I do the patty 1 part black angus beef, 1 part turkey burger and 1 part Italian sausage. I top it with pepper jack cheese and place it on a sesame seed bun with some Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce.

Other times I make it much like a 'meatloaf burger'. I take some black angus beef add crumbled mozzarella, fetta and parm. Then I crush some Chicken in a Biskit crackers and mix it into the burger with some Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and applewood rub and toss them on the grill. (In the pan it just makes a mess with the cheese)
Again I use a sesame seed bun and some katsup and stone ground mustard OR Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce ( I put that stuff on everything :D )

I consider myself more of a 'carnivore' than an 'omnivore' so I don't do tomato, lettuce or onion. Oh and I like my burger done (unlike my steak)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones