• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to add year as part of datein status bar or notification bar on android?

Autobot9876

Lurker
Mar 19, 2023
How to add year as part of datein status bar or notification bar on android?

Attachments

• 335950493_707061234489130_6615079080157143678_n.jpg
    335950493_707061234489130_6615079080157143678_n.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 297
I was just looking at the menu on my Pixel 7, I don't know what phone you have, but from the menu I clicked on the clock icon. Then I clicked on the three vertical dots on the right hand corner. Then I click on Settings. Then I click on Change Date And Time. Then Under Date And Time I turn Set Time Automatically Off and I can manually set the time and the date. Maybe that will work for you.

Normally with Set Time Automatically ON, the wireless carrier sets the time and date on my phone automatically.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I was just looking at the menu on my Pixel 7, I don't know what phone you have, but from the menu I clicked on the clock icon. Then I clicked on the three vertical dots on the right hand corner. Then I click on Settings. Then I click on Change Date And Time. Then Under Date And Time I turn Set Time Automatiucally Off and I can manually set the time and the date. Maybe that will work for you
I have Samsung Galaxy A31, so can you probably provide more details how to add year on my notification menu on my phone?

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
I have Samsung Galaxy A31, so can you probably provide more details how to add year on my notification menu on my phone?

I just gave you all the details I could. See if that works on your Samsung and maybe the year will show up. We won't know unless you try it.

My Pixel 7 has Android 13

Upvote 0
It's not possible to add the year without rooting your device.

Interesting this is what I get when I go to manually set date and time. So if I go back it won't change to 2022 or forward to 2023? So no year will show up for the thread starter?

Attachments

• dateandtime.png
    dateandtime.png
    162.5 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dang, It's only from the pull down menu he's talking about. I though the "ozu" was suppose to be displaying the year on his phone.

From the pulldown menu on my Pixel 7 only the date shows, NOT the year.

Now I understand! LOL! I thought I was helping.

Attachments

• dummy.jpg
    dummy.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 46
Upvote 0
Can you explain a little bit more about it?
Oh on the lock screen of my moto edge plus, and my samsung it shows the date with the year on it, it is just the clock settings if you want that simple way. Just head over to the clock settings on your samsung and set for edit and profit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones