• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to analyze the information battery drain apps provide

speedlever

Android Enthusiast
Jun 17, 2012
North Carolina
I run a couple of battery drain analyzers in addition to the stock battery app. They all seem to indicate different apps are the primary battery drain culprits. How can this be? Or am I simply misinterpreting the info the battery drain apps provide?

Check these screen shots I took back-to-back a few minutes ago:

Battery Mix:
j7ZEvUa.png

WLD:
Gs6rlX6.png

Stock battery app:
IptfFGD.png

Look at the WeatherBug app as an example. How can the battery drain of this app be reported so differently?

Also, I've been noticing lately that Task Manager has been a heavy drain... at least as reported by one of the BD apps. ??

Does anyone else see this as confusing as I do? Does your GS4 have similar conflicting reports with different battery drain apps?

One thing I notice off the bat is that the first app seems to either ignore Google/Android services or separate them all into their individual parts. That alone will throw off what you see. I'm surprised you didn't include GSam (formerly known as Badass Battery Monitor).

Honestly though, with a battery that last 18+ hours with my usage pattern, I haven't had a reason to care about saving my battery LoL.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones