• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to keep Firestick 4K alive when watching another TV input?

Hi, I have the newer Firestick 4K, plugged into one of my TV's HDMI ports. I also have an OTG cable with a thumbdrive in line with the Firestick so I can have it record thru an app what's streaming to watch later on my PC while I'm using something else on another HDMI input on my TV, usually my PC. When I go check, the Firestick is completely off, blank screen, and find out only a few minutes recorded, This happens whether I use the OTG/thumbdrive, or just have a normal connection of the Firestick into an HDMI port. If I have something on the Firestick, then go to another HDMI port to watch something briefly, then go back to the Firestick, it's still working. If longer, the Firestick shuts off. I tried looking for settings to keep ot awake, and nothing. I even side loaded a Stay Awake type app, and that doesn't help. How do I keep the Firesick awake and active? Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones