• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to unlock?

sammyz

LG Whiz Kid
  • Jun 3, 2011
    I read all the guides, watched the vids.......my device simply won't unlock...unless..........is waiting 30 minutes required? I read somewhere it's not required....I'm so confused. You flash firmware and then what? Do you HAVE to flash the radio fix file? Does it require a working internet connection???? Why is it not bringing me to a confirmation screen after running adb reboot oem-unlock ???

There's a difference between unlocked bootLoader and unlocked carrier..we're talking about the bootloader :p

Oh, I know. I was just mentioning that she was able to get hers carrier unlocked (before the law went into effect a few months ago) and is using it on Simple Mobile rather than Metro or T-Mobile ('course Simple is using T-Mobile's network).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones