• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [HOWTO] [root] Boost Mobile hTC One SV root *WITHOUT* overwriting recovery / kernel

Hey everyone. Chiming in because I just got this phone actually, and wanting/needing to root it.

Problem is, as I type this, a fair number of the download links simply don't work. Is there a mirror for the necessary files? Or an alternate method beyond what OP has listed?

I'll post you a few things after I'm done prepping these files. :)

Out of curiosity, what version of android are you running?

Upvote 0
Hi All;
Need help, I thought I did it all correctly but....
Hboot says:
TAMPERED
UNLOCKED
K2_CL PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT - 1.01.0000

I cannot flash a custom ROM and have lost the file with backup. Stuck at HTC screen on reboot. The file on thread for stock ROM is no longer online. Help?

Have you tried this thread yet? http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=741846

There are couple links throughout the pages of that thread.

Upvote 0
This is the rom from cricket, you should only follow this guide to flash it!
The link to the rom i have sent you by pm and it isn't downloaded a single time until now! Have you got the link to dev-host or not?
For recovery download this and flash it with fastboot.

Hey. Are you sharing that ROM on any of the sites or was it a private thing? :)

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk 2

I will share it if it works. But as long as nobody tested it is beta and non public.
But its nothing special. Only stock odexed rom from the cwm backup from here.

Reactions: Kreatur3
Upvote 0
I downloaded ROM and recovery. Recovery won't launch, splash screen comes up and then it starts it again (loops). Tried a different TWRP (2.6.0.1) and get this:

E: error executing updater in zip '/sdcard
error flashing zip '/sdcard/jb_boost_2.06.653.5_
updating partition details...
E: unable to mount '/system
formatting cache using make_ext4fs...
done.
Updating partition details...
E: unable to mount '/system

Upvote 0
I will share it if it works. But as long as nobody tested it is beta and non public.
But its nothing special. Only stock odexed rom from the cwm backup from here.

No worries man. If you ever need/want something tested for boost let me know. I'm not that knowledgeable but I'm always willing to test. :)

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones