• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC's next phone

You'll be at exactly the halfway point in the M8's sale life buying in November.

By that standard, yes, it's getting long in the tooth.

Later phones have QHD (that you can't see vs 1080p on a mobile phone), an 805 vs 801 processor (that does a far better job with QHD) and 3 vs 2 GB ram (also a big plus if you have the kitchen-sink software approach installed or... wait for it... QHD lol).

And 64-bit is coming whether we need it or not (I certainly don't but that's just me).

So - while it's showing its age by the numbers, the M8 continues despite that to be one of the best phones you can buy today.

Mine lasts 6 to 8 hours of screen on time, real use, and often over 16 hours on a single charge. And it's just smooth and quick and still sounds better than anything else I've tried.

That said - last fall HTC released the One Max. And we had rumors of fall Prime and Plus that didn't happen and got everyone's knickers in a twist.

But - we know now that HTC has had inside info on the Nexus and Lollipop.

If they are going to release a One Max upgrade, November, after the Nexus hits and before the holidays, is a good time to look for it. Just my opinion though.

:)

Upvote 0
My one gripe with the phone is that "slick and stylish" doesn't work for me. I like something that provides basic protection and wish this came armored from the factory.

My wife and I both use -

http://www.amazon.com/i-Blason-Series-Holster-Kickstand-Locking/dp/B00IGUUKRY

We have all three colors, I switch between black and red, she likes the periwinkle blue. Plus the kickstand and holster are nice for me.

But that's if you want a case. If so, those are excellent, inexpensive and are also available for other models.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones