• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Huge data use?

Hi folks

I've been an Orange user for over 15 years as has my wife. Recently she upgraded from a brick to a Wildfire. Nice and she's well pleased EXCEPT when she gets the bill! She has 80mb included in the plan. Uses the 'net when in the house via WiFi, never via 3g anywhere.

This month? 104mb usage costing

Might be unrelated, but see my thread http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2/394688-sudden-increase-data-usage-how-do-i-find-out-cause.html.

I had 138.13 MB used in one day which I narrowed down to one app running without my knowledge. The app is AP Mobile. It does not need to be on your home screen to be actively downloading updates. I too am on Orange, but I don't think my issue was network provider related. If you have the app on your phone, use Traffic Stats Lite or My Data Manager to monitor how much data it is using (and it's worth checking your battery stats as it can eat that too).

This app does not appear to be a problem for all users, but it certainly has been for some.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones