• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I can't get in!!

Hey everybody, it's @MoodyBlues but I can't get logged in. I've tried different browsers, but I just get stuck. I can use the "Log in" button at the top, but as soon as I log in, it takes me to a 'register' page. At other times (sorry, I've been experimenting and don't recall exactly), I was told usernames must be unique, and MoodyBlues is already in use. Um...yeah, by me! What's the secret?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
This update is top notch!

First I cannot login with my original account. I am constantly brought to the register page. When I attempt the reset password, the system informs me, that it does not recognize me.

So, I make a secondary account, and surprise, surprise, the account I just created, now has to reset the password to login.
The account that is about an hour old, has to reset the password.

Top notch update. Bravo!

Upvote 0
Top notch update. Bravo!
We updated a site that needed 5+ years of software updates, upgraded from PHP 7.X to 8.0, and had a ton of custom software to work around. Everyone here is a volunteer and we're trying our best to fix anything and everything that's broken before attempting to breathe new life into the site.

You also realize that this site is 100% free to use and there are 0 ads right now, right? This has always been a FRIENDLY community and a little patience and understanding would go a long way. Thanks.

Upvote 0
I'm in but everytime I close chrome it wants me to register again. Then I have to go through the reset password steps again. As if the site isn't storing cookies like it should...

I'm having the same issue. If I close out Chrome, I have to reset password. I also have stay login checked.

Upvote 0
Reset password on the browser version just fine. Thanks for the guidance.

But the Mobile app now just generates error messages. Is there any hope that will work again or was I living on borrowed time?
I think that this upgrading maybe has deprecated the original passwords of existing accounts, requiring every password must be reset before you can log in correctly. Therefore, if you could not reset password on the app, you may reset it on the web and then try to log in on the app.

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0
Reset password on the browser version just fine. Thanks for the guidance.

But the Mobile app now just generates error messages. Is there any hope that will work again or was I living on borrowed time?
just be patient, there still kinks to be worked out. i never use the tapatalk app any more.....ditched it years ago. just use the browser on your phone.

Upvote 0
Ugh just had to do another reset.
There's more broken with the app than just passwords but I don't see it getting fixed, it's been out of support for a long time and just sort of kept working. Unfortunately it was the only way to see the forum in dark mode, yes you can use a mobile browser but you'll be forced to look at white pages.
I'd like to see either a new mobile app (with dark mode) or Tapatalk support, plus a user-selectable dark mode option here in Xenforo (I know it's possible, other forums have it).
And until the login issue gets fixed it's only possible to be logged in on one device. Doing the reset on one device will break the login on others.

Upvote 0
Well, I just had to reset my password again.

Are you going to address my issues, or continue to deflect?

Apparently, I am not the only one with the issue, I just don't beat around the bush with my concerns.

This really is a brilliant update.

Maybe next time, exterminate the bugs, and not nourish them, before releasing an "update".

So, let's see,
Cannot login with original account.

System cannot locate original account when using "the big fix" that has to be used after the system was fixed.

Create new account.
Have to reset password to login again.
Have to reset password to login again.

Wow, just wow!

Upvote 0
I've tried using a browser on my computer, phone, the android forum app.
The best option that works is to select "forgot password" and input your current email and password again. Then you're in....
I really think the update to the forums has broken the site for saving cookies?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones