• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have just ordered my Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Mine was delivered yesterday, perfect size for me and its heavy for the size which I also like gives a quality feel.

If I had to pick fault, it would be with the port covers they really feel like they will fall off at some point they are so flimsy, would have been cool if Sony put one of the magnetic port charging cables in the box as you really need to be using one (Just My Opinion)

Not sure why Sony felt the need to put a CE marking lable in the sim tray hole when you pull and push it it slides in and out, it feels attached inside as though its not to be removed, this is also not in the setup guide, simple thing but pretty stupid.

Upvote 0
If I had to pick fault, it would be with the port covers they really feel like they will fall off at some point they are so flimsy, would have been cool if Sony put one of the magnetic port charging cables in the box as you really need to be using one (Just My Opinion)

It's the same on the Z1, for such a well built couple of handsets, they covers are pretty flimsy.

Upvote 0
Hi!

I am upgrading from the Xperia S to the Z1 compact too and am just waiting on it being delivered!

How is it fairing after a few weeks useage? Good points/bad points?

I'm loving the Z1 compact and have no regrets whatsoever swapping over from Xperia S. The phones are very similar.

The most annoying/disappointing thing for me, which I use regularly is on the Xperia S, to take a screenshot, we just had to hold down the power button. On the Z1 Compact, you have to hold down the power button and volume down button. I also don't like Chrome, I prefer the stock internet programme that was on Xperia S.

Obviously they are not BIG deals, just personal preference.

If you like your Xperia S, you'll love the Z1 Compact. :)

Oh, I would defo recommend using Power Management under settings to save your battery, it makes a big difference

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones