• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

i have to keep selecting the launcher

Ok so it does happen to mine if I long press home to pull up recent applications, go to an application, then hit the home button.

To fix it I went to menu>settings>applications>manage applications>qik>uninstall updates

Also after I uninstalled updates HTC Sense did not appear in my recent applications.

all i see is uninstall

where are yall see'n this uninstall UPDATES at ?

Upvote 0
Uninstalling qik (whatever the latest version is available right now, I had it) fixed this for me too. Ugh, terrible app to do that. I hate that, by default, Qik has just about every Android permission available to it, too. It doesn't need most of them. It's the poorest default app installed by far.

Upvote 0
all i see is uninstall

where are yall see'n this uninstall UPDATES at ?

Are you rooted? Mine won't let me uninstall completely (not rooted). I did not nor do I now have an uninstall option. Only had uninstall updates. It said something about going back to the originally installed app when I hit uninstall updates. I thought it was a stock app like nascar and the nfl app which is why I don't have the option to uninstall.

Upvote 0
Are you rooted? Mine won't let me uninstall completely (not rooted). I did not nor do I now have an uninstall option. Only had uninstall updates. It said something about going back to the originally installed app when I hit uninstall updates. I thought it was a stock app like nascar and the nfl app which is why I don't have the option to uninstall.

Thats right, go back to the stock version, uninstall the bad update.

Upvote 0
thanks for the tips guys. I updated Qik the other day and had the same issue.

Went into Manage Applications and did the uninstall updates.

snap20100727_093335.png

went from version 372 to version 43

snap20100727_093409.png

and now Launcher problem has been solved.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones