• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I miss the days when PCs made sounds like these

China already has a social credit system. Speak ill of your overlords, and you might not be capable of feeding your family, or leaving the city you're in.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if that Tesla they expect us all to have in 2035 might just stop running at the city limits because you said something 'evil' on Facebook.

Still scares the hell out of me. I hope I'm dead before 2035 happens.

If anyone wants to read about our supposed 'future' then look no further:

https://weforum.org

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Flux.gif

Upvote 0
Now that's funny right there!

Unfortunately, locating an old DMC-12 is like locating unobtainium. They must have all been cash for clunkered...thanks for nothing, Obama.

Oh, FYI, I managed to coax my Galaxy S5 back to life, on one line only BTW (the verizon-based one). So long as you got 4G LTE data available it can text and make/receive calls, but if you drop to 3G, 1x, or worse, bars only, forget that. That has to be RCS. The S5 was the first phone to support VoLTE and RCS via a Verizon app (Messages+). SMS appears dead entirely where I live.

That at least is one-hand friendly, and fits my pocket better, and has more features than any smartphone before or after, including:

1. Fingerprint reader
2. removable battery
3. IP67 water resistance
4. USB-3.0 + Fast Charge
5. IR blaster
6. Notification LED
7. Heart Rate Sensor
8. a UI that (to me at least) doesn't look like crap

The SD card reader is bad/broken and won't read SD cards (they show as corrupt but read fine in other devices--and formatting just sits there indefinitely) but I'll manage for now, since my car has an SD reader in the new stereo I bought for it (straight from 2010--old infotainment style display w/backup camera)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones